When we started selling firewood in December 2020, we were only offering mixed hardwood: mostly oak, pecan, maple, and elm, with some fruit woods (like pear) and exotics (bois d’arc) mixed in. This mixture is great for indoor or outdoor fireplaces, Solo Stoves, and campfires. Our goal to be the premier, sustainable firewood supplier in North Texas meant that we had to keep improving our offerings, and we are now able to offer a selection of single-species firewood!
What Types of Firewood Are Available?
In addition to our premium, locally-sourced mixed hardwood, we are currently offering the following:
- A favorite for cooking, pecan is a hardwood in the hickory family that gives reliable heat and flavorful smoke.
- Mixed Oak
- Oak is a preferred wood for fires and cooking because of its density (which means better heat) and neutral smoke.
- Post Oak (limited availability)
- Post oak is the backbone of Texas Hill Country barbecue, but is a rare sight in North Texas. If we have any, expect it to go fast!
- Cedar can give off smoke that may be too strong for regular indoor burning, but is a great choice for outdoor fires.
- Fruit Woods
- Our selection of fruit woods varies, but features pear, plum, persimmon, peach, and others. Wonder what we have now? Send us an email!
We are still working through wood from the 2019 storms, which means that it is seasoned and ready to burn. Our selection and variety will continue to expand as we process incoming wood. We will keep our pricing page updated with current options. Our next project: bags of smoker-sized chunks for all your barbecue needs!
If you are looking for a specific type, size, or quantity of wood, let us know!